Monday, October 1, 2007

Starting a New Chapter

So today I started with my new company. As in the last blog, I mentioned that I had moved to NC and the company I was with, unfortunately, could not guarentee me home every weekend. So I had to say good bye to one of the best dispatchers I have ever had to start with another comany. I arrived here late due to my plane being late and the good part was that I got a room by myself. WOO HOO!!! I started today, Monday with my DOT physical, then off to a Hazmat class then off to lunch. Following lunch, to a wellness class where I learned some important information about living healthy on the road. Then off to my driving test. So far so good, I am still here and looks like I passed everything. At the end of the day we got our uniforms. Yes, I said it, uniforms! I haven't ever HAD to wear uniforms so this is rather new for me in the 15 years of driving. I must say, I make them look good! (LOL!) I finally got back to my hotel room at 7:30CST after begining my day at 5:00AM! Now I am off to bed and looking forward to tomorrow's events!

All in starting a new chapter in my driving career! I think I will like this company!

Be safe out there!

No comments: